Southern Pecan Catfish Recipe
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, divided
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine 1/2 cup pecans, cornmeal, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Coat catfish with pecan mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet, melt 1/4 cup butter over medium-high heat; fry fillets for 6-7 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. In the same skillet, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Add remaining pecans; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add the cream, lemon juice and remaining salt and pepper; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in parsley. Serve with catfish. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 633 calories, 59g fat (24g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 856mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Southern Pecan Catfish
"We have now switched to frying Swai instead of catfish or Pollack because it is about $3.00 per lbs cheaper ( 15 lbs box for $38.00 ) Plus it tastes better. We tried this new sauce recipe and it was great. I would not change a thing."