- 4 cups chopped pecans
- 1-3/4 cups chopped candied pineapple
- 1-1/2 cups chopped dried peaches or apricots
- 1-1/2 cups golden raisins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup peach or apricot nectar, divided
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Grease and flour two 9x5-in. loaf pans. Line the bottoms with waxed paper; grease and flour the paper. Set aside.
- Combine the pecans, pineapple, peaches, raisins and 1/2 cup flour; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar; add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add 1/2 cup peach nectar, honey and milk; beat well (mixture will appear curdled). Combine cinnamon, baking powder, salt, allspice and remaining flour; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Add pecan mixture; stir well.
- Pour into prepared pans. Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes.
- With a skewer, poke holes in the loaves. Spoon remaining nectar over loaves. Let stand for 10 minutes; remove from pans to a wire rack to cool completely. Wrap tightly and store in a cool place. Slice and bring to room temperature before serving.
1 slice: 303 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 129mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.