- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and buttermilk. In a separate shallow bowl, combine the flour, garlic powder, pepper, salt and paprika. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then flour mixture.
- In an electric skillet, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, a few pieces at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSouthern Fried Chicken Strips
"My first time ever preparing chicken tenders dipped in batter. I usually saute as is. This recipe is great. The fried tenders were a hit! I substituted Lawry's Seasoning Salt for the regular salt and also added about 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt. I don't have an electric skillet, but a regular non-stick skillet worked just fine and I cooked the chicken for about 5 minutes on each side to get that perfect golden color and crisp. The chicken on the inside was perfectly cooked, tender and juicy! Will definitely add this to my dinner rotation!"
"This is definitely the best strip recipe. I made my own buttermilk and double-dipped the chicken."
"My family of picky eaters rated this to be the "bomb" of chicken strips. Which in my house is a huge compliment."
"simple and easy love it."
"My son and I love these! Simple to make and didn't make a mess of my whole kitchen! Not having garlic powder, I added 2 sliced garlic cloves to the egg mix. Delicious!"
"This recipe is good. I did use what I had on hand so instead of buttermilk I used 1/4 cup of half-and-half and 1/4 cup whole milk and substituted season salt for regular salt and used a little less. Then, I added about a 1/4 teaspoon of poultry seasoning with a dash of chicken boullion. The chicken turned out great; not too salty either. I also used peanut oil which gets hotter quicker, I believe cooks better at higher temperature. Excellent base recipe for someone who wants to add/subtract ingredients!! Definitely try and make it your own!!"
"So simple to make and have great flavor. Also, I like the fact that they didn't soak up a lot of the oil. That is DEFINITELY a plus! :)"