Southern Cornmeal Waffles Recipe
Preparing your waffle batter with the blender gives the waffles a very light, airy texture. Not to mention, it makes clean up a snap since you use the same container to mix and pour. The addition of the cornmeal to the waffle batter gives these light waffles a little bit of crunch. Serve with syrup, blueberry jam or a nice fruit compote.
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/4 cups lowfat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1. Heat waffle iron. Place eggs in blender jar. Cover and blend on LOW for 5 seconds. Add buttermilk and margarine and cover and blend on low about 10 seconds more. Add remaining ingredients. Blend on Medium sped about 40 seconds, scrape sides of jar, if necessary about half way thru.
- 2. Pour about 1/4 cup in hot waffle iron until waffles are golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Southern Cornmeal Waffles
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC