Southern Corn Bread Salad
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
Makes16 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 3 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions, divided
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- Prepare and bake corn bread mix according to package directions, using an 8-in. square baking dish. Crumble when cool.
- Mix sour cream, mayonnaise and salad dressing mix until blended. In a separate bowl, combine tomatoes, peppers and 1/2 cup green onions.
- In a 3-qt. glass bowl, layer half of each: corn bread, beans, tomato mixture, cheese, bacon, corn and dressing. Repeat layers. Top with remaining green onions. Refrigerate 3 hours.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 367 calories, 23g fat (7g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 607mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 9, 2017
Delicious! Took to a party, everyone raved and wanted recipe!! Thanks for a great and different "salad"!!!
Jun 27, 2016
Very good and pretty to serve. I followed the recipe except for the beans. I used one can pinto and one can of black beans. I also used canned corn because that is what I had on hand. I thought this would turn into a big pile of mush but it didn't. Kids wouldn't go near it but all the adults love it. Thanks for posting.
Jun 25, 2016
I loved this recipe, I made it with black eyed peas instead of pinto beans, I used already crumbled bacon and added a variety of the peppers Green, Yellow, Red and Orange. It was so good. My whole Family Loved it. Defiantly one for a picnic or back yard BBQ
Jun 13, 2016
I made this over the weekend and it is a hands down winner. I made no changes to the recipe and everyone loved it. Not only delicious but beautiful as well. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor.
Jun 11, 2016
This recipe is amazing!! I made this for our memorial day bbq and it was a great success! It tasted even better the next day. It's been requested for our 4th of July bbq also.
Jun 6, 2016
Great salad. I've been making this for years. Sometimes I sub chili beans for the pinto beans and I usually eliminate the bacon to make it purely vegetarian.