- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup canned Mexicorn
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the salad dressing, lime juice and cumin. Pour over coleslaw; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSouthern Coleslaw
"This coleslaw was very good! I really like the tanginess that the lime juice brings to it. Great on its own or in a wrap!"
"Good coleslaw and very different from traditional recipes. I served this with the Panhandle Brisket from the same contributor."
"This is our favorite coleslaw recipe to take camping, on river float trips, hunting trips, any time! My husband loves the jalape?os and cumin. I buy the bagged coleslaw and it is really fast to put together."
"really enjoyed the flavor liked this better then regular coleslaw will be making again .its a keeper"
"This is a delicious alternative to regular coleslaw. I made it with the Panhandle beef brisket and got rave reviews. You won't be sorry!"
"Awesome!! First stuff I served in 6 months that just didn't get a "That's good!" but got 3 whole sentences of accolades!"
"This recipe is identical to Texas Two-Step Slaw. Unfortunately, we were disappointed and will not make it again."
"Absolutely a side dish fave! Thank you for a fresh twist on a traditional dish!"
"I made this recipe for a church fish fry. It was a hit and everyone wanted the recipe! I'm not normally a fan of coleslaw, but I LOVE this recipe!"