This is one of my favorite ways to cook chicken because it tastes so good and it doesn't take long to prepare. I like to serve it with rice.
Recommended: 65 Chicken Dinners Ready in 3-Steps (or Less!)
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place a cheese slice on each; roll up jelly-roll style. In a shallow bowl, combine flour and pepper; add chicken and roll to coat.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in butter until browned, about 10 minutes, turning frequently. Add broth and oregano; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 12-14 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Southern Chicken Roll-Ups in Country December/January 1999, p49
Reviews forSouthern Chicken Roll-Ups
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 27, 2017
Reviewed Oct. 7, 2015
"How is this a 5 star rated recipe with no reviews?"