Southern Barbecue Beef
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 kaiser rolls, split
- 1/2 cup creamy deli coleslaw
- In a nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar and mustard. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until thickened. Spoon onto roll bottoms; top with coleslaw. Replace roll tops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 519 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1051mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 4g fiber), 30g protein.
Jul 17, 2011
The website wouldn't let me click on the five stars, but that is what I would give it!
Jul 17, 2011
This should get more than five stars, we make it alot! We do not put the cole slaw on the sandwich. We like to have it on the side. Delish!!
Jan 19, 2011
I have made this MANY times; I sometimes double it to have leftovers. However, my hubby and I don't really care for the coleslaw on top--the meaty filling is great alone!
Nov 13, 2008
This is more like sloppy joe then barbecue beef.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.