South Seas Chicken and Bananas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 6 very firm bananas, halved lengthwise
- 3 cups cornflakes crumbs
- 5 to 6 pounds chicken pieces
- 3/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- Sliced kiwifruit and starfruit, optional
- In a food processor or blender, blend the lemon juice, condensed milk, milk, coconut and cardamom until smooth. Pour into a bowl. Dip bananas into milk mixture; roll in cornflakes and set aside.
- Dip chicken into remaining milk mixture; roll in remaining cornflakes and place in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Drizzle with 1/2 cup of the melted butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour.
- Arrange bananas over the chicken. Drizzle with remaining butter. Bake 15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear. Garnish with kiwi and starfruit if desired.
Nutrition Facts13 ounce-weight: 856 calories, 42g fat (20g saturated fat), 174mg cholesterol, 592mg sodium, 79g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 2g fiber), 43g protein.
Dec 18, 2019
Very tasty, my family loved the bananas, was a little messy to make but well worth it.
May 28, 2017
A unique and delicious recipe. My grandson loved it. I would definitely make this again.
May 6, 2017
The subtle sweetness of the crust is the perfect accompaniment for the chicken and bananas.
Nov 19, 2009
This recipe was a little messy to make but soooo worth it when you taste the end result!!! Will definitely make this again