South of the Border Wraps Recipe
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 to 4 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a small bowl, mash beans slightly. Add the salsa, onions and cilantro. Spread over tortillas. Sprinkle with tomato and cheese. Roll up tightly.
- 2. In a large skillet, melt 2-4 tablespoons butter; add tortillas, seam side down; cook tortillas on all sides until golden brown, adding butter if necessary. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 191 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 308mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for South of the Border Wraps
"I added some meat to the recipe. One time I made them with lunch meat, the next time I cooked some chicken and added it to the wraps. Turned out great!"