South of the Border Wraps Recipe
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 to 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1. In a bowl, mash beans slightly. Add salsa, onions and cilantro. Spread over tortillas. Sprinkle with tomato and cheese. Roll up tightly. Melt butter in a large skillet. Add tortillas, seam side down; cook until golden on all sides, adding additional butter if necessary. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 191 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 308mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for South of the Border Wraps
"I added some meat to the recipe. One time I made them with lunch meat, the next time I cooked some chicken and added it to the wraps. Turned out great!"