South of the Border Wraps
Grilled in a skillet, this savory entree is a winning way to add some spice to your menus! This easy recipe brings the taste of the Southwest into your kitchen, no matter where you live.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 to 4 tablespoons butter
- In a small bowl, mash beans slightly. Add the salsa, onions and cilantro. Spread over tortillas. Sprinkle with tomato and cheese. Roll up tightly.
- In a large skillet, melt 2-4 tablespoons butter; add tortillas, seam side down; cook tortillas on all sides until golden brown, adding butter if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 191 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 308mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as South of the Border Wraps in Quick Cooking March/April 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.