- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 to 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- In a bowl, mash beans slightly. Add salsa, onions and cilantro. Spread over tortillas. Sprinkle with tomato and cheese. Roll up tightly. Melt butter in a large skillet. Add tortillas, seam side down; cook until golden on all sides, adding additional butter if necessary. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSouth of the Border Wraps
"I added some meat to the recipe. One time I made them with lunch meat, the next time I cooked some chicken and added it to the wraps. Turned out great!"