A friend gave me this recipe many years ago and my family just loves it! Feel free to increase the amount of seasonings to suit your own taste.—Dlores DeWitt, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 70 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- In a skillet, brown ground beef and onion; drain. Add spices and remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer 1 hour.
Originally published as South-of-the-Border Stew in Country Ground Beef