South of the Border Soup
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min.
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (16 ounces) picante sauce
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/4 cups water
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a large saucepan, brown meatballs; drain. Add the picante sauce, corn, beans, tomatoes and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 221 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 780mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 15g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 22, 2011
This soup is amazing - great on a cold snowy day.
Nov 30, 2009
My family loved it!!!! So easy to make and fast too. Next time I will have to double it. Between me, my husband and 2 growing boys, there wasn't much left ( not enough to save).