South of the Border Soup
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min.
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (16 ounces) picante sauce
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/4 cups water
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a large saucepan, brown meatballs; drain. Add the picante sauce, corn, beans, tomatoes and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 221 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 780mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 15g protein.
Dec 22, 2011
This soup is amazing - great on a cold snowy day.
Nov 30, 2009
My family loved it!!!! So easy to make and fast too. Next time I will have to double it. Between me, my husband and 2 growing boys, there wasn't much left ( not enough to save).
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.