South-of-the-Border Scrambled Eggs
When my family gathers at our cabin, these slightly spicy eggs are a must. And my kids insist I'm the only one who can make them. The crushed tortilla chips really add a unique but tasty texture.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + standing Cook: 15 min.
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 3/4 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Taco sauce
- Lightly beat eggs with milk; add tortilla chips. Let stand for 15 minutes. In a large skillet, saute ham, onion and green pepper in butter. Add egg mixture and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until eggs are set. Remove from the heat; gently stir in cheese and tomato. Serve in the skillet or transfer to a warm serving platter. Top with sour cream and taco sauce.
Originally published as South-of-the-Border Scrambled Eggs in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook