South-of-the Border Sausage Lasagna
I love the flavors of Mexican cooking and tried to incorporate them into a pizza my family would love. —Jan Schoshke, Brookville, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 2 pounds bulk Italian sausage
- 4 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 carton (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese Spread
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup crumbled queso fresco
- Additional minced fresh cilantro, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, 12-16 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, chiles and cilantro. In a small bowl, mix ricotta cheese, cream cheese spread, milk, taco seasoning and eggs until blended.
- Spread 1 cup sausage mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with 3 noodles, one-third of the remaining sausage mixture, 1 cup ricotta mixture and 1 cup cheese blend. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with olives and jalapeno (dish will be full).
- Bake, covered, 50 minutes. Sprinkle with queso fresco. Bake, uncovered, until lasagna is bubbly and cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes longer. Let stand 20 minutes before serving. If desired, sprinkle with additional cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 494 calories, 33g fat (14g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 1362mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Mexicano Lasagna in tasteofhome.com