South-of-the Border Sausage Lasagna
I love the flavors of Mexican cooking and tried to incorporate them into a pizza my family would love. —Jan Schoshke, Brookville, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 2 pounds Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 4 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 carton (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese Spread
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup (3 ounces) crumbled queso fresco
- Additional minced fresh cilantro, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat 12-16 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, chilies and cilantro. In a small bowl, mix ricotta cheese, cream cheese spread, milk, taco seasoning and eggs until blended.
- Spread 1 cup sausage mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles, one-third of the remaining sausage mixture, 1 cup ricotta mixture and 1 cup cheese blend. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with olives and jalapeno (dish will be full).
- Bake, covered, 50 minutes. Sprinkle with queso fresco. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand 20 minutes before serving. If desired, sprinkle with additional cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 494 calories, 33g fat (14g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 1362mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Mexicano Lasagna in tasteofhome.com
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.