My mom and her dear friend, Betty, came up with this recipe many years ago, and I'm still using it. Of course with sever kids in the family, Mom would have to double and sometimes triple the recipe.—Karen Byrd, Las Vegas, Nevada
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chilies
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- Dash each salt, pepper and ground cumin
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 French or submarine rolls, split
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, chilies, salsa, onion, olives and seasonings. Fold in cheese. Spoon 1/2 cup onto bottom of rolls. Replace tops; wrap each sandwich tightly in foil. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 705 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 1443mg sodium, 101g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 6g fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as South-of-the-Border Sandwiches in Taste of Home February/March 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.