South of the Border Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, beans, tomatoes and onions. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; add to corn mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 138 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 549mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Jan 15, 2016
I've made this I don't know how many times. Everyone loves it and wants the recipe. Great to use just as a salad or tortilla chips and salsa. We loved it both ways. So tangy, fresh and makes u feel like summer.
Aug 5, 2013
This was a very good simple salad, but I have several other recipes that are very similar, but with a little more kick. Not bad, just not my personal favorite.