- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, beans, tomatoes and onions. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; add to corn mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forSouth of the Border Salad
"I've made this I don't know how many times. Everyone loves it and wants the recipe. Great to use just as a salad or tortilla chips and salsa. We loved it both ways. So tangy, fresh and makes u feel like summer."
"This was a very good simple salad, but I have several other recipes that are very similar, but with a little more kick. Not bad, just not my personal favorite."