Orange, grapefruit and jicama add color and texture to this out-of-the-ordinary fruit salad. Sometimes I'll toss in slices of mango and cucumber for extra fun. —Mary Fuller, SeaTac, Washington
Recommended: 57 Recipes with Fresh Herbs
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 medium pink grapefruit
- 3 medium oranges
- 1 cup julienned peeled jicama
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cut a thin slice from the top and bottom of each grapefruit and orange; stand fruit upright on a cutting board. With a knife, cut off peel and outer membrane from fruit. Cut fruit crosswise into slices; place in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients; toss to combine. Transfer to a platter; refrigerate, covered, until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as South of the Border Citrus Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p32