I like to get creative in the kitchen, and this is one of the first dishes I threw together without using a recipe. It boats a zesty Mexican flavor everyone is sure to love. —Rebecca Spoolstra, Pilot Point, Texas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Broil: 5 min
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 to 2 red chili peppers, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 small limes
- 12 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- Crumbled Cotija cheese, optional
- In a small bowl, mix avocados, cilantro, chili peppers and salt. Finely grate lime peels. Cut limes crosswise in half; squeeze juice from limes. Stir lime zest and juice into avocado mixture. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Place bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Top with avocado mixture. If desired, sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 62 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.