Sourdough Ham Crescent Rolls
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup Sourdough Starter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5 to 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, Sourdough Starter, oil, sugar, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a medium stiff dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into four pieces. Roll each into a 12-in. circle; cut into eight wedges. Combine the filling ingredients; spread over wedges. Roll up from the wide end and place with pointed end down 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Curve ends to form a crescent shape. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 8, 2015
So good! I was looking for recipes to use my sourdough starter in and this was a total success :) I didn't do the filling, just the rolls and baked them for 12 minutes - which I think was a bit too much. They are beautiful, chewy and tasty.