- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup Sourdough Starter (recipe also in Recipe Finder)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5 to 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, Sourdough Starter, oil, sugar, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a medium stiff dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into four pieces. Roll each into a 12-in. circle; cut into eight wedges. Combine the filling ingredients; spread over wedges. Roll up from the wide end and place with pointed end down 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Curve ends to form a crescent shape. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 32 rolls.
Reviews forSourdough Ham Crescent Rolls
"So good! I was looking for recipes to use my sourdough starter in and this was a total success :) I didn't do the filling, just the rolls and baked them for 12 minutes - which I think was a bit too much. They are beautiful, chewy and tasty."