- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 to 3 teaspoons mayonnaise, optional
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 Swiss cheese slices
- 2 tomato slices
- 2 bacon strips, cooked
- Pound chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with crumbs. Let stand for 5 minutes. In a skillet, cook chicken in butter over medium-high heat for 4 minutes on each side until juices run clear. Spread bread with mayonnaise if desired. Top two slices with the lettuce, cheese, tomato, bacon and chicken. Top with the remaining bread. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forSourdough Chicken Sandwiches
"It was really good. We melted parmesan cheese over the top of the chicken and used olive peppered mayonaise with dijon mustard and it was great. We all decided to add guacamole next time though."
"I thought it would be kind of plain but it wasn't. I will definitely be making this one again."