- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries or blueberries
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add berries and toss gently. In another bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
- Berry Cream Lemon Muffins: Prepare muffin recipe as directed, except substitute 1 cup lemon yogurt for the sour cream and add 2 teaspoon grated lemon peel with the vanilla.
- Berry Streusel Muffins: Prepare muffin recipe as directed. For topping, combine 3 tablespoons each all-purpose flour and quick-cooking oats, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Cut in 2 tablespoons cold butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over muffins before baking. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Reviews forSourcream Berry Muffins
"We have been using this recipe in our house for awhile. I usually substitute yogurt for the sour cream. Sometimes I add a mashed banana if I happen to have a really ripe one."
"These were good. Not too sweet and I like that. Next time I'll try with applesauce instead of oil like mom2lauren ."
"Wonderful recipe. As a Volunteer Field Editor, I enjoy testing recipes. This one is a keeper. I doubled the recipe and subbed in 1/2 applesauce for the amount of oil called for. They have a nice fine crumb and were enjoyed by my family!"
"Excellent!!! Made the raspberry ones substituting plain greek yogurt for the sour cream. Since I freeze berries all summer long this will now be my go-to muffin recipe...... so many possibilities.... thanks for sharing!!!!"
"These muffins were by far the best I ever baked and I bake a lot of taste of home recipes .and I did half blueberry and half raspberry .Thanks for sharing this recipe"
"These muffins are so delicious!!! I often substitute plain greek yogurt when I don't have sour cream. They are also really tasty with raspberries if you feel like changing it up."
"I make these all the time! They are the very best muffins I have ever had. My friends at work ask me to make those muffins with the Blueberries and raspberries in them. Awsome!!!"