"This last-minute dessert is delicious, especially with cherry pie filling on top," remarks Crystal Fogelsanger of Newville, Pennsylvania. For even quicker assembly, use a prepared 9-inch graham cracker crust.
Recommended: Outstanding Pie Recipes from Across America
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) individual graham cracker tart shells
- 1 can (21 ounces) fruit pie filling
- In a bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Fold in sour cream. Spoon about 1/3 cup into each tart shell; top with pie filling. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Sour Cream Tarts in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p8