Sour Cream Pumpkin Cake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2-1/2 teaspoons cold butter
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large Eggland's Best eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and allspice. Cut in butter until crumbly; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the sour cream, pumpkin and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture; top with remaining batter. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cooled cake.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 564 calories, 21g fat (13g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 556mg sodium, 87g carbohydrate (61g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 1, 2018
This cake may be my new favorite. It's so favorful, moist , and the streusel is a nice surprise. I wondered how the orange glaze would go with pumpkin, and it was just right. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.
Oct 22, 2016
My husband thinks this cake is 'very good'. It smells delicious as it bakes.
Dec 8, 2015
Awesome cake - very moist and delicious! I didn't make the glaze but plan to serve it with a caramel sauce instead.
Sep 7, 2015
Turned out moist & full of flavor. The streusel inside the cake is heavenly!