Sour Cream Poppy Seed Muffins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, sugar and poppy seeds. In another bowl, whisk the egg, sour cream and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 137 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Jan 4, 2014
Quick and easy, and unlike other muffin recipes I've tried, the Bisquik doesn't make them taste biscuity. I substituted lemon extract for the vanilla because I like lemon poppyseed muffins.
Oct 23, 2013
Delicious and very quick and easy. I served these with the Summer Chicken Salad from the same issue.
Jan 13, 2010
This doesn't happen too often, but these had a very odd taste and I couldn't even eat them. All of my ingredients were fresh so I'm assuming I just don't like the recipe. It seemed easy but unfortunately they will be thrown away.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.