Sour Cream Plum Pie
Here's a light custard pie that's one of my "oldies but goodies." It couldn't be much simpler to whip up and makes a refreshing and special finale to any holiday meal.—Pat Stueckman, Garfield, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pitted plums, drained
- 2 large egg yolks, beaten
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; flute edges. Line pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 350°.
- Halve and pit the plums; pat dry with paper towels. Arrange cut side up in crust. In a large bowl, combine egg yolks, sour cream, sugar and vanilla; pour over plums. Cover edges of pastry loosely with foil. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 335 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Sour Cream Plum Pie in Country Woman Christmas 2005