Sour Cream Plum Pie
Here's a light custard pie that's one of my "oldies but goodies." It couldn't be much simpler to whip up and makes a refreshing and special finale to any holiday meal.—Pat Stueckman, Garfield, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pitted plums, drained
- 2 large egg yolks, beaten
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; flute edges. Line pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 350°.
- Halve and pit the plums; pat dry with paper towels. Arrange cut side up in crust. In a large bowl, combine egg yolks, sour cream, sugar and vanilla; pour over plums. Cover edges of pastry loosely with foil. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.