- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cans (29 ounces each) sliced peaches, drained or 13 small peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Arrange peaches over crust. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over peaches. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine egg yolks and sour cream. Spread evenly over peaches. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over top.
- Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until set. Serve warm or cold. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forSour Cream Peach Kuchen
"Delicious! Just the right amount sugar. My husband does not like anything too sweet. He and I both really like this recipe, will add this recipe to our favorites."
"I am not a big cobbker fan, but my son's love peach cobbler. This recipe has been a favorite for years. It's not a cobbler but close enough. I love topping it with french vanilla ice cream or french vanilla cool whip.."
"I use this recipe all the time and love it. Plus my kids can help make it. I use 2 whole eggs in the topping so I dont have leftover egg whites and it turns out just fine."
"I found that adding 1 cup of Blueberres with the peaches really enhances the flavor, but it is terrific with just peaches!"
"This was okay, but I will not make it again. We each had a piece, and the rest was thrown out."
"I made this for my dad's birthday celebration - he loves kuchen; and I have to say it is outstanding. I don't even like it and I thought this was fabulous! I did lighten it up some...but not much, instead of four egg yolks I used two egg yolks and 1/2 cup of egg beaters. Next time around I think I could even cut back some of the sugar since most recipes you seem to be able to cut out 1/4-1/2 without noticing. The crust I don't think I'd change a thing, it was wonderful!"
"Delicious recipe. I made two changes with using fresh peaches and doubling the topping. Everyone raved about it!"