Sour Cream & Onion Potato Bake
This might just turn into your go-to recipe for potatoes when you're hosting a dinner party. You can whip it up before the guest arrive and it can bake while you attend to them.—Susan Marshall, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 5 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, milk, butter, green onions, sour cream, egg yolks, salt, lemon juice and white pepper.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into potato mixture. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish; sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 230 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 657mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Sour Cream and Onion Potato Puff in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.