Sour Cream Meatballs Recipe
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated peeled potato
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup canned mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 4-1/2 teaspoons onion soup mix
- Hot cooked egg noodles, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, potato, onion, egg, garlic powder and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place in a shallow 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the water, soup, sour cream, mushrooms, soup mix and remaining pepper; pour over meatballs.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Serve with noodles if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
8 each: 296 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 1050mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Sour Cream Meatballs
"Very yummy! A bit like stroganoff. I may consider frying the meatballs first as they were a little soft for my taste but still very good. This recipe made enough for leftovers."
"Provided enough for two meals for my wife and I. It is in our recipe box so we can make it again. Very easy to make."