Cinnamon and nutmeg lend just the right amount of flavor to these moist mini loaves. Sometimes I use the batter to make muffins instead. —Joyce Lemkuil, Branson, Missouri
Featured In: 31 Easy Quick Bread Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 2/3 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Pour into two 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack. Yield: 2 mini loaves (6 slices each).
Originally published as Sour Cream Loaves in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007, p33