Sour Cream Crescents
My family insists I make these dinner rolls to complement our holiday feasts. They can be made ahead and frozen.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, salt, butter, sour cream and eggs. Beat until smooth. Add 3 cups flour; mix well. Stir in the remaining flour. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide into four pieces. Roll each into a 10-in. circle; cut each circle into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide end and place point side down 3 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Curve ends to form a crescent. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 93 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 68mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Sour Cream Crescents in Country Woman Christmas 2003