VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, salt, butter, sour cream and eggs. Beat until smooth. Add 3 cups flour; mix well. Stir in the remaining flour. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide into four pieces. Roll each into a 10-in. circle; cut each circle into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide end and place point side down 3 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Curve ends to form a crescent. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Sour Cream Crescents in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2003, p20