- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Combine the oats and 1-1/2 cups flour; add to the creamed mixture until blended. Set aside 1-1/2 cups for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cranberries, sour cream, sugar, egg, lemon peel, vanilla and remaining flour. Spread evenly over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews forSour Cream Cranberry Bars
"I thought these were delicious. Great for the holidays, or any time. Thanks for sharing the recipe, Barbara."
"Tasty bars. But the ungreased pan has to be a typo. It took a lot of muscle and prying to get them loose."
"Absolutely delicious! I made these for my kid's school bake sale. They sold them during lunch in school and were "the best seller" according to one of the teachers. All the teachers also raved about them. Make these and you won't regret it!"
"This was a hit with my family.I served then on the holidays."
"these bars are great!"