- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients. In another bowl, beat egg, sour cream, milk and butter; add to cornmeal mixture and mix just until combined. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forSour Cream Cornbread
"I made this with the Greek style yogurt but it was still a good, hearty cornbread. It was more dense. I used Tone's Rosemary and Garlic seasonings that also had onion, pepper, lemon, and paprika in it. Didn't have the rosemary on hand. My guests enjoyed it and it is great the day or two after its made grilled with butter in the frying pan. This would make great stuffing! Freezes well, too. This Taste of Home Volunteer Field Editor enjoyed making (and eating) this recipe!"
"Left out Rosemary, added 1 more tablespoon of sugar and some milk. Great cornbread."
"I made this without the sugar or the rosemary. Very moist, not dry at all and the best cornbread I ever had. Just add some butter while it is fresh out of the oven and it makes in your mouth."
"i used 4T of sugar, left out the rosemary, and used yogurt instead of the sour cream. love the texture. using yogurt saved calories so i could eat more"
"I usually make a sweeter cornbread from TOH, but I thought I'd try something different. I really liked it. I'm not sure what my family is going to think, but I really enjoyed the flavor."
"Let me just say I have never made a bread flavored with rosemary. I'm not sure if I liked it. It was easy to make and cooked fine, looked just like the picture!. The flavor was strong enough to taste. I think if you like rosemary this is a good recipe. I'll probably try it again to see if I like it more. I guess I'm more used to bland cornbread. :)"