- 2/3 cup milk (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in the order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews forSour Cream Chive Bread
"Was the first time I made this an. I am keeping this a real favorite"
"We love this bread. I started making it a few years ago. It always turn out beautiful and tasty. I do add 2 tablespoons of vital wheat gluten, I find it keeps it soft....that is if you don't eat it all."
"I loved this recipe! Nice and moist and light. This is a keeper!"