Sour Cream Chili Bake
The crushed corn chips add a crunchy contrast to the other ingredients in this casserole. It's an often-requested recipe at the Baggett home!—Nancy Baggett, Lawton, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) hot chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 cups corn chips, crushed, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- In a skillet, brown ground beef; drain. Stir in beans, enchilada sauce, tomato sauce, chili powder, 1 cup cheese, onion and 1 cup corn chips. Pour into a 2-qt. casserole dish. Cover and bake at 375 ° for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and spoon sour cream over casserole. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and 1 cup corn chips. Return to oven and bake, uncovered, for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Originally published as Sour Cream Chili Bake in Country Ground Beef
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.