Sour Cream Chili Bake
The crushed corn chips add a crunchy contrast to the other ingredients in this casserole. It's an often-requested recipe at the Baggett home!—Nancy Baggett, Lawton, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) hot chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 cups corn chips, crushed, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- In a skillet, brown ground beef; drain. Stir in beans, enchilada sauce, tomato sauce, chili powder, 1 cup cheese, onion and 1 cup corn chips. Pour into a 2-qt. casserole dish. Cover and bake at 375 ° for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and spoon sour cream over casserole. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and 1 cup corn chips. Return to oven and bake, uncovered, for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Originally published as Sour Cream Chili Bake in Country Ground Beef