Sour Cream Chicken Recipe
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/4 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (2 to 3 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a shallow bowl, combine first seven ingredients. Place bread crumbs in a separate shallow bowl. Coat chicken with sour cream mixture, then coat with bread crumbs.
- 2. Arrange chicken on a rack in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes. Drizzle with butter; bake 15-20 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 365 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 899mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein.
Reviews for Sour Cream Chicken
"I made a GREAT minor change to the recipe. I used boneless skinless chicken breasts and pounded them to about 1/4" thickness first. Then, instead of dipping the chicken into the sour cream mixture, I marinated the chicken in it in a sealed gallon zip lock baggie for about an hour, then dredging them in the bread crumbs before baking. I also baked them (about five breasts) for 20 minutes on 450 degrees. Half way through, at ten minutes, pouring the melted butter on the chicken. This also solves the problem of the sour cream mixture not sticking to the chicken before dredging it in the bread crumbs. Delicious, juicy, flavorful! The higher quicker heat make them crisp on the outside and super juicy on the inside. This one is a keeper for sure!"
"easy to prepare and it tasted great!"
"very good. Next time may experiment with other spices. Also up the oven time to 1 hour total."
"This was delicious. I followed the recipe exactly except I used just legs and thighs. Very moist and tasted great. Will definitely make again but may decrease the amount of sour cream and spices by about a quarter as I had a lot left over."
"My husband & I both loved this chicken! It was so moist and flavorful. I look forward to making it many more times!"
"This was just ok. I made it exactly as stated, except I had no celery salt. Maybe that is why it seemed so bland? Seemed like a waste of sour cream. I would try this again, but would flavor the sour cream more. It was good in the bowl, but after the chicken cooked we couldn't detect much flavor. I did use Italian panko bread crumbs for more crunch. This is a good, solid recipe, but not outstanding, sorry to say. Glad I tried it, though! BTW, the sauce was at least twice what was needed--i threw a lot out after using it."
"I made this a couple of days ago only I used boneless skinless breasts. Fantastic!Whenever my husband likes a new recipe I know its a winner! Definately a keeper.Glenda B."
"My husband and I loved the flavor. We made fried rice stir fry and served the chicken on top. Delicicious!"
"Made it...really good!Tried it with pork sirloin steaks, also very good. I think this could be used on all different kinds of meat.Glenda"