Sour Cream Bundt Coffee Cake
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Pour half of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan; sprinkle with half of the pecan mixture. Gently top with remaining batter and pecan mixture.
- 3. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
1 slice: 333 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jul 20, 2015
This was really good. It did have a bit more of a coffee cake taste than I prefer, but what do you expect when it is named "coffee cake"?
Dec 28, 2014
This recipe needs more of the chopped pecan mixture. Also, I am wondering if this recipe is based on using a smaller bundt pan, because mine did rise, but it didn't look very high when I removed it from the pan. This was okay, but I will not be making it again.l
Nov 27, 2014
Made this the night before for Thanksgiving Morning. Was easy and really good. I did have to add a little more sour cream and next time may add a bit of butter to the pecan crumble but I do really like the recipe and will probably try w different fruits and cream cheese variations too....
Nov 14, 2014
Excellent cake..moist and flavorful..dont change a thing!!
Oct 22, 2014
This coffee cake is outstanding! I've taken it to several church functions and it always gets rave reviews.
Oct 1, 2014
This recipe is perfect! very tasty and moist, was a hit!
Sep 16, 2014
This is a family favorite.
Dec 31, 1969
Made this for a group of my adult sons friends. I did not last long...I ate the crumbs that were left and they were moist and delicious
Dec 31, 1969
Looks easy and delicious
Dec 31, 1969
I made this recipe for the first time and it was delicious and it was the best cake recipe by far...I rated this recipe a five star.