- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries*
- In a bowl, combine the biscuit mix and 3/4 cup sugar. In another bowl, combine the eggs and sour cream; stir into the dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in blueberries. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forSour Cream Blueberry Muffins
"These turned out very well. The sour cream makes them taste more rich and homemade, even though these come together quickly by using a baking mix. These are a nice time-saver for busy times."
"The first time I make a recipe I pretty much follow it. These were very good in texture, nice and light, but just lacked something. I did add 1/2 t. of vanilla but they still lacked something. I am taking them to a breakfast potluck and will put a nice powdered sugar vanilla glaze on them. A nice glaze salvages everything... LOLI'll make them again but will add 1/2 salt, maybe a touch more sugar and switch the sour cream with my homemade yogurt as someone else suggested. Hopefully, that does the trick."
"These muffins are delicious! I used my homemade biscuit mix instead of store-bought, which worked great. I will definitely be making them again!"
"These were wonderful! But instead of sour cream, I used blueberry yogurt. Also, I used fresh, instead of frozen, blueberries."
"I did not use a biscuit mix; just looked up the equivalent individual ingredients. They did not look that beautiful (kinda blah-looking) but tasted delicious! Streusel topping would no doubt be great for looks and taste:)"
"Absolutely wonderful! Followed recipe exact and nothing is overpowering in this. It has perfect balance of everything! I will make again. My daughter has asked for a streusel topping to be added next time. Ohhhhh, I did use a can of blueberries (drained extremely well) instead of frozen or fresh."
"These were ok. They took 17-19 min to bake."
"Afteri added to recipe!!se were great but I only put 1/2 of cup sour cream and1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce! I added this!! Now there good!"
"There were SO many good reviews that I thought this was a sure thing. They were alright."
"I made these in a jumbo muffin pan, lowering the oven to 350! They did turn out beautiful! I love the moist texture! I felt that it was a bit too much sour cream tasting for my taste! However, they will be eaten, they a re good!! easy as well!!"