- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and 3/4 cup sugar. In a small bowl, combine eggs and sour cream; stir into the dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forSour Cream Blueberry Muffins
"I used my own biscuit mix....and added just a touch of lemon zest.....very good...."
"I made these with my two year-old. It's a great recipe if you're looking for an easy one to do with kids. I'm not crazy about the sour cream taste, but they're still really good. I'll definitely try them with blueberry yogurt next time. Also my daughter loves them ??."
"These turned out very well. The sour cream makes them taste more rich and homemade, even though these come together quickly by using a baking mix. These are a nice time-saver for busy times."
"The first time I make a recipe I pretty much follow it. These were very good in texture, nice and light, but just lacked something. I did add 1/2 t. of vanilla but they still lacked something. I am taking them to a breakfast potluck and will put a nice powdered sugar vanilla glaze on them. A nice glaze salvages everything... LOLI'll make them again but will add 1/2 salt, maybe a touch more sugar and switch the sour cream with my homemade yogurt as someone else suggested. Hopefully, that does the trick."
"These muffins are delicious! I used my homemade biscuit mix instead of store-bought, which worked great. I will definitely be making them again!"
"These were wonderful! But instead of sour cream, I used blueberry yogurt. Also, I used fresh, instead of frozen, blueberries."
"I did not use a biscuit mix; just looked up the equivalent individual ingredients. They did not look that beautiful (kinda blah-looking) but tasted delicious! Streusel topping would no doubt be great for looks and taste:)"
"Absolutely wonderful! Followed recipe exact and nothing is overpowering in this. It has perfect balance of everything! I will make again. My daughter has asked for a streusel topping to be added next time. Ohhhhh, I did use a can of blueberries (drained extremely well) instead of frozen or fresh."
"These were ok. They took 17-19 min to bake."
"Afteri added to recipe!!se were great but I only put 1/2 of cup sour cream and1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce! I added this!! Now there good!"