Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond or vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in sour cream and extract. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Line two baking pans with foil; grease the foil. Divide dough into thirds. On a floured surface, shape dough into three 8x2-1/2x3/4-in. loaves; place on foil. Bake until golden, 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven. Lift loaves with foil onto a wire rack; cool for 15 minutes.
- Place on a cutting board; using a serrated knife, slice diagonally 3/4-in. thick. Place slices, cut side down, on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until golden, 8-10 minutes. Turn cookies over; bake 10 minutes longer. Cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
1 cookie: 147 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.