Sour Cream Biscotti
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond or vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in sour cream and extract. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture.
- Line two baking sheets with foil; grease the foil. Divide dough into thirds. On a floured surface, shape dough into three 8-in. x 2-1/2-in. x 3/4-in. loaves; place on foil. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven. Lift loaves with foil onto a wire rack; cool for 15 minutes.
- Place on a cutting board; using a serrated knife, slice diagonally 3/4 in. thick. Place slices, cut side down, on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Turn cookies over; bake 10 minutes longer. Cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 147 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 10, 2014
A basic recipe. Simple. Good. I drizzled them with melted chocolate and served them with homemade hot chocolate.
Nov 4, 2012
Made these for a party and served them with espresso. Dipped the ends of some in white chocolate. Very big hit.
Dec 15, 2011
Very easy all the way through the recipe. Excellent starter for the sceptical.
Dec 22, 2009
Delicious! I couldn't believe how easy this was. This is definitely a family favorite and will be made quite often.