- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fat-free whipped topping
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries or sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand 1 minute. Add sugar; heat and stir over low heat until gelatin and sugar are completely dissolved. Transfer to a bowl; whisk in sour cream and vanilla. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Fold in whipped topping. Pour into a 4-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate, covered, 4 hours or until firm.
- For sauce, drain berries, reserving syrup. Add enough water to the syrup to measure 3/4 cup. In a small saucepan, mix cornstarch, sugar and syrup mixture until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Cool slightly. Stir in drained berries; refrigerate until serving.
- To serve, unmold dessert onto a serving plate. Serve with sauce. Yield: 8 servings (1-1/4 cups sauce).
Reviews forSour Cream Bavarian
"My turn out great!(i didn't have much time to wait for it to mold, so i put it in the freezer) We loved the raspberry sauce.And i love that's fat-free!"
"Mine did not mold. I refridgerated it for a couple hours. Do not know why. Also, I don't think it had a whole lot of flavor."
"This is a great dessert. I added a touch of whipped cream. The raspberries are just the right touch with the tartness that they add."
"Very good, light and tasty! Also easy to make."
"Very good. I added a graham cracker crust. It just gave it that little something it needed."
"I made this and it is not good... it is very bland and the texture was not what I thought it would be. I would not, make this again."
"Made this dessert for a Valentine's Day family get-together and it was a sure fire hit. Grandchildren wanted it made two days later to help celebrate "Family Day" Eleanor/ Ontario,Canada"
"Re: Sour Cream Bavarian is great and very easy I substituted natural yogurt for the sour cream and it was exellent also it is a little soft so I put it in the freezer after unmolding. for half hour before serving.Dani"
"Sounds luscious!! I'll make it w/sugar substitute though. And I'll make my own raspberry sauce (sugar free). all of which will really knock down the carbs for my hubby. He is diabetic so we try to keep the desserts low carb. Thanks for sharing!!"