- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coat a 9x5-in. loaf pan with cooking spray and dust with flour; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Combine the bananas, egg substitute, oil, sour cream and vanilla; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (18 slices).
Reviews forSour Cream Banana Bread
"You shouldn't review any recipe, unless you make it exactly as directed. This is one of those great recipes where you don't change a thing! Moist, tasty, and easy to make."
"I am a banana bread connoisseur and this is one of the best recipes I have ever made! I can't imagine anyone not giving this 5 stars, it is so good. I used regular eggs and regular sour cream. I did however add extra sour cream for extra moistness. I would imagine that the yogurt- flavored or plain would be great as well. My loaf was gone in just a couple of hours. This is going in my recipe box!"
"One of the very best banana breads I have ever had! Big hit at my house and we are lucky if it lasts even one day!"
"I have made this recipe several times. I use brown rice flour & greek yogurt instead of all-purpose flour and sour cream. I also add some unsweetened applesauce to make up for the dryness of the brown rice flour. Wonderful!!!"
"Sorry to be a party pooper. Not my favorite banana bread recipe. It's missing that "wow" factor for me.~ Theresa"
"Loved this! But, as always I made changes. Used eggs, not substitute. Used regular sour cream, not low fat. But I did sub 9 heaping Tlbs of flax seed and lowered "veg" oil by 3+ Tlbs. Also added lots of blueberry juice infused "Craisins" and a heavy dose of vanilla bean paste. Doubled the recipe and turned out great. Next time though I will add another banana, mine were on the small side. This will be my "go-to" banana bread recipe from now on:) Husband loved it and he's the bb lover!"
"Loved this recipe. I made it with 2 eggs instead of the egg substitute. The sour cream made the bread really moist. Big hit at our house!!"
"So easy to make and so delicious. I tried this for the first time about 2 years ago and have been making it ever since. I just made a couple loaves and sent them off in the mail to my granddaughter."
"Best banana bread ever! I have tried several recipes and this is the only one I make over and over again."