- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (about 8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chopped peeled baking apples
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- 3 tablespoons cold butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add sour cream. Stir in sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, vanilla and salt; mix well. Stir in apples. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine brown sugar and remaining flour; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over top of pie. Return to oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is set. Cool completely on a wire rack. Serve or cover and refrigerate. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSour Cream Apple Pie
"Add one tbsp Calvados apple liqueor to the apples. Perfect."
"I would probably add more apples and double the topping. It IS very unique. My son doesn't even like apple pie but he liked this!"
"This is my husband's new favorite apple pie. I cut the sugar in the filling by half because I was using up a sweet-crisp apple. I usually spice my apple pies, but I didn't miss it at all. It is wonderful creamy goodness."
"Thank you for sharing this and all the tips about the ice cream and tweaking the recipe. My business, God Driven Designs, has an upcoming event in December and we wanted to test a recipe beforehand. We're always looking for inspirational ways to create new food ideas to share with our clients. I didn't do a crumb topping with this, but might add a caramel glaze and I actually cut the sugar in half and used Pillsbury redi bake crust that we cut into circles to make mini pies. They turned out great with a hint of cinnamon on top. We might just give these out as gifts this year!"
"Nice comfort food"
"This is one of my husband's favorites. I'm always asked about the recipe!!"
"Creamy and delicious!"
"very good... be sure to use stick butter, not tub butter for the topping!"