Sour Cream Apple Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with sour cream to the creamed mixture. Fold in apples. Spoon into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. In a small bowl, mix topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until done. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 472 calories, 23g fat (12g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 432mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Sour Cream Apple Coffee Cake
"Beautiful texture and flavor, this was wonderful."
"This turned out awesome! For the topping I used 1/4 c brown sugar, 1 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp flour and 1 tsp cinnamon."
"Moist and delicious coffee cake. I will be making this again!"
"Kids loved it!"
"I've been making this for a while now. My family loves it, along with co-workers and parishiner from church. This is one of my favorites easy and delicious!!!!!"