Sour Cream Cranberry Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Combine oats and 1-1/2 cups flour; add to the creamed mixture until blended. Set aside 1-1/2 cups for topping.
- Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cranberries, sour cream, sugar, egg, lemon peel, vanilla and remaining flour. Spread evenly over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 157 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 59mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 13, 2015
I thought these were delicious. Great for the holidays, or any time. Thanks for sharing the recipe, Barbara.
Apr 11, 2015
Tasty bars. But the ungreased pan has to be a typo. It took a lot of muscle and prying to get them loose.
Apr 19, 2011
Absolutely delicious! I made these for my kid's school bake sale. They sold them during lunch in school and were "the best seller" according to one of the teachers. All the teachers also raved about them. Make these and you won't regret it!
Dec 31, 2009
One of the most requested from my Christmas cookie collection. De-lish!
Jul 8, 2009
This was a hit with my family.I served then on the holidays.
Apr 25, 2008
these bars are great!