- 3 large egg yolks
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°. In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over simmering water, whisk the first five ingredients until blended; stir in cranberries. Cook and stir 15-20 minutes until mixture is thickened. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, oats, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in coconut. Reserve half of the dough for topping. Press remaining onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set.
- Spread sour cream mixture over crust; crumble reserved dough over top. Bake 25-30 minutes or until filling is set and top is golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forSour Cream & Cranberry Bars
"Great Bars. I think they are too sweet and everyone else disagrees, so I drink black coffee with them."
"Delicious! Didn't change a thing in the recipe, and these bar cookies came out great. A keeper, for sure. Thanks!"
"These are amazing! All my favorite flavors in one delicious bar cookie. Next time I'll try using dried cherries in place of the cranberries for a different version."