Souped-Up Pork Supper
Tomato soup, onion soup mix and fresh vegetables lend flavor to these speedy pork chops from Myra Innes of Auburn, Kansas. "You don't really have to watch them while they cook, so you can sit and visit...or get the rest of the meal ready," she says.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced green pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- Place pork chops in a microwave-safe dish with bone side facing the center. In a bowl, combine the soup, soup mix, onion, green pepper and mushrooms; pour over chops.
- Cover and microwave at 50% power for 22-26 minutes, turning dish every 5 minutes and turning chops once. Serve over rice or noodles.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Originally published as Souped-Up Pork Supper in Quick Cooking March/April 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.